Sunday, March 8, 2015

My Return to the Land of the Llamas


It was too good to be true. Three free rows. Well, more importantly, a single free window seat for yours truly. My assigned seat was aisle seat, middle section, second to last row of a 45 row plane; not ideal for a comfortable 6 hour plane ride. With five minutes left till take off I optimistically move my pillow there so I can quickly transition to my perfect window seat (god must be happy I'm going on a mission trip!) after take off. With five minutes till take off a group of THIRTY ASIANS rush on to the plane taking my window seat and all happiness that came with it! They then proceeded to play soduko for six hours whilst me and friends watched animated movies. I don't want to talk about gpa's...



Other than that the day consisted of sweating profusely in the back of the plane and the whole bus ride to our nunnery where we stayed overnight. Lima is H-O-T. Like clothes stick to your body I can smell myself hot. But I guess it's not a mission trip or group bonding without BO. The leaders referred to this time at the nunnery as "nap time" since we got there at 2 a.m. and woke up at 4 a.m. College has trained me to run on negative sleep though so I was out before we even turned our lights off. 

You may wonder Emily, how did you write this if you fell asleep? I'm glad you asked. I'm on the airplane to cusco now but I can't tell you about it because that's for post two! Also - this is uploaded late because no wifi yet. Also - don't know if my chargers are ~compatible~ Here so posts may be scarce. 

**** sneak peak ****



Flight Details
Movies: Big Hero 6 - surprisingly SO GOOD 
Frozen - classic 
The Departed - good and has a ~ surprise ending ~ 

Food: peanuts / pretzels
Chicken dish (didn't eat it) (there were peas and carrots involved) - came with role, cheese, sub par blondie, crackers, and salad 

Box of food with crackers, spreadable cheese, juice, weird cinnamon things with orange sauce, and mixed dries fruit

Until next time,
Adios Papa 

No comments:

Post a Comment