Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Welcome to Peru where anything is possible and nothing is safe


So let's talk about altitude sickness. Why oh why did no one make me take it before this trip... I came back to the hotel while everyone else went to the Cusco square. But I'm not that upset about it because me and you (dad) and cat already went and hungout there. So now my plan is to shower sleep and wake up at 3 am for Machu pichu! YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!

** my current feelings about this **

Today we actually did something really cool called "Vera ferreta". It's like climbing a mountain but there are ladder rungs that you climb up. I thought it was going to be easy but they had you like sideways scaling the walls and making giant stretches to reach the rungs. Of course that could have just been due to the fact that my limbs are maybe a foot shorter than everyone else's. We got to take 7 zip lines down afterwards so that was cool too.
 This is me sweating mid hike. 

I can't believe there are only two days left but I am going to sleep now so I can hopefully appreciate them!! Here are some more pics of the day.. 


Hasta luego, pray for me and my sickness ❤️

~ Emily ~

No comments:

Post a Comment