Friday, May 15, 2015

Passport to Paris


** title refers to Mary-kate and Ashley movie ** 

I got laughed at today because I tried referring to a picture we took yesterday or Wednesday, but really we took it this morning. So that tells you where my brain is at. We saw two gardens this morning but it started raining at the second one. Neither garden was that wonderful and I honestly don't remember the fun facts that our teacher told us about them. (Sorry mom and dad) I got some pretty pictures though!! After the two gardens we hit up the Pisa airport and flew out to Paris! 

Side story: I'm not very good at math but leaving home in Atlanta my bag weighed 42 lbs, and when I weighed it at the airport it was 30 kg. That's like 55 lbs. I haven't bought anything. I do not understand. 




The flight was fine, I kept trying to not fall asleep and I kept waking up after falling asleep. We didn't land in the big airport instead we went to a smaller one. In case you didn't know, in the movie, Taken, the girl met the guy at the big Paris airport. So I think we are safer already avoiding that place altogether. 




After the flight we went straight to the Louvre. Our reservation was for 8:15 so we didn't have any time to eat (😵) and we only stayed until 9:30. I am forever starving and then eating excessively large amounts of food at the strangest hours of the day and night. We definitely did NOT have enough time at the Louvre, but we still got to see some cool stuff. I think we barely got the reservation we did so at least we got to go! It actually worked out really well for us because the museum wasn't crowded at all. We were able to get right up to the rope at the Mona Lisa! 






We've only been in France for a few hours but something I LOVE is how late it stays light out! We left the Louvre at 9:30 and it looked like 5:00 outside. So awesome. After we checked into our shoebox of a hotel room, a group of us headed to find dinner. Apparently people in Paris don't like to eat late because we had to ask around for somewhere that was still open. We ran into a cute restaurant where I got a killer cheese burger and fries that would put The Grill's to shame. After topping the night off by splitting some cream brûlée we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our 7:00 a.m. breakfast. Yay...





Ttyl! 
~emily 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your bag gained weight from all the pasta and pizza you were eating :-)

    ReplyDelete