Thursday, May 7, 2015

And we are off!!!

After 7 hours of packing, two waffles, a gate change, and a 2 hour delay WE ARE OFF! Well almost off, we're still sitting at our gate waiting for them to finish cleaning the plane. 





After the parents + Ryan dropped us off we headed straight to security where no one was in a good mood. Taylor and Liba both got their bags searched because they forgot to take out their laptops but I made it through perfectly fine. After that we went to trade out some U.S. Dollars for good ole euros. When they told us we could wave all fees with a student discount we got really excited, Que Ganga!! But then we realized the exchange was so awful they weren't doing us many favors. Still broke college students but now a little less broke I guess. Thanks ATL airport. 



Our gate changed around 3:30 but that wasn't an issue since we were so early. It was an issue for the airport in Rome however, it caught on fire 😳 We grabbed our last American meal (Arby's fries and a pineapple/coconut smoothie for myself and Janae and cheese dip for Taylor and Liba) and headed to gate #2.

As we sit and wait Taylor is complaining about not being in first class and Janae is coloring her kids book that the nice lady at Air France gave her (luuckkyyy). It still hasn't hit me yet that I'm going to be gone for THREE WEEKS! 😱 I feel like I've talked about it so much I've basically already been on the trip. 

About to board the plane, ttyl!

~ emily ~


No comments:

Post a Comment