Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Travel Days = Sleep Days

Today was not a day of much excitement. We left Rome at 8:30 and hoped on a bus that would take us to two villas on the way to Florence. I didn't pay much attention during the lectures so I don't have any fun facts for you BUT here are some pictures! Also the Lizzie McGuire movie filmed here so that's awesome. 



I took a nice three hour nap on the bus and woke up when we arrived in Florence. I immediately fell in love with the city. It is quaint, beautiful, and just nice enough to give you a sense of security when waking around. It's so different from Rome where you could tell there was a large homeless population and lots of poverty around the area. I feel like Florence is a slightly cheaper version of Buckhead in Atlanta. Lining every street is a gelateria with, no exaggeration, MOUNTAINS of gelato! My teachers keep talking about finding inspiration, well I find mine at the bottom of my coconut gelato cup! We only got the see the streets on our walk to dinner but tomorrow we will have more free time. 


For dinner we went to a very fancy restuant. There were 5 courses and we got a special deal since we were in a group. I think the teachers worked some magic so we didn't have to wait in line, which was out the door and around the corner. The food was incredible! It was an Italian style meal where they put out a few dishes and you passed them around the table. My favorites were the ravioli, the pork/chicken (I'm not sure what it was), the roasted herb potatoes, and the gnocchi. We all fought over dessert and didn't even bother putting it on our plates, we just ate off the platter it came on. Soooo delicious! 


After dinner a bunch of us went to a local pub where we actually ran into some UGA student. They were leaving Saturday and gave us the scoop on all the places to go tomorrow. UGA students rock. 

It is now 2 am and past my bedtime. Goodnight! 

~emily

No comments:

Post a Comment